What is Healthy Gums?
Designed by a holistic veterinarian, Healthy Gums is a potent infused herbal product with added nutrients for gum and oral health: Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C and Zinc. It does not contain alcohol or harsh ingredients that can cause further irritation of the gums.
The base of this product is medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil. Unlike regular coconut oil, MCT oil remains in a liquid state at room temperature. This oil is known for its ability to keep skin tissue healthy and provide nutrition to the layers of the skin. Furthermore, MCT oil from coconut, helps to maintain the natural immunity of the tissues, assisting the skin's barrier capability.
What is Healthy Gums Used For?
Periodontal health is something every dog owner needs to be aware of once a canine reaches age 2 to 3. Multiple factors determine oral health status and these will become more critical as your pet ages. In particular, consider the type of diet your pet eats (including treats) and anything else your pet chews.
Early and advanced stages of gingivitis are both reversible. The bacteria in the mouth (which builds up between the teeth and gums) will cause bad breath and this is a first clue. Additionally, the gums may appear red, inflamed and sore. Touching the gums may cause them to bleed and exude pus. If your canine is having these symptoms, it is of utmost importance to treat and reverse the problem.
If the condition advances, it can lead to periodontitis, a condition in which the supportive structures around the teeth become inflamed, leading to more infection and eventually loss of the teeth. The infection can become systemic and travel to other areas of the body.
Healthy Gums is designed to:
- Soothe gums and oral membranes
- Reduce bacterial growth in the mouth
- Use Healthy Gums at any stage or sign of gum inflammation or any oral inflammation. As a preventative measure, use Healthy Gums intermittently to keep the oral environment balanced and resistant to bacterial growth.
Watch for signs that your pet may be having oral health issues, including:
- Aversion to kibble or hard food
- Reluctance to eat
- Dragon breath
- Hard, brown build-up on the teeth
- Unusual irritability or aggression
Have a look at your canine's teeth at home and note whether the gums look swollen or red, if there is obvious build-up on the teeth (tartar) and whether there are teeth missing or loose. A really bad odor in the mouth is unmistakable and is not normal. Talk to your veterinarian if you notice any of these signs so you can develop a plan to help your pet. Healthy Gums is an excellent addition to an oral hygiene strategy and may provide relief. If the condition is serious, your dog will certainly require additional support.
Why Choose Healthy Gums for Your Canine Friend?
Certified Organic, Ethically Wild-harvested, and Selectively Chosen Herbs: Our formulas are prepared from organically grown, ethically wild-harvested, and selectively chosen herbs that meet the highest quality standard.
Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, including testing of all raw materials to confirm identification and purity.
Pet Wellbeing ▏Healthy Gums - for Canine Periodontal Health 犬隻口腔及牙周健康配方
Healthy Gums is Formulated With:
- Calendula flower (Calendula officinalis): The yellow-orange petals of Calendula flowers have shown notable antimicrobial and natural antiseptic-like properties. Used to support normal healing of the skin, Calendula also soothes inflamed skin and has been used for gingivitis.
- Marshmallow root (Althea officinale): Marshmallow root is high in mucilage which soothes and protects the delicate tissues of the mouth and gums.
- Goldenseal root (Hydrastis canadensis): Goldenseal has been shown to have powerful, natural antimicrobial properties and is especially beneficial for conditions involving the mucous membranes.
- Bayberry root bark (Myrica cerifera): Bayberry is one of the best herbal astringents, meaning that it tones and tightens mucous membranes. It works particularly well for treating the lining of the alimentary canal (which includes the tissues inside the mouth and the gums) and also has a mild antibacterial property.
- Chinese Skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis): Baikal Skullcap is high in flavonoids and has natural antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. It is used in oral preparations to help reduce inflammation of the membranes inside the mouth.
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Also called "sweet root" and the "universal herb," Licorice demonstrates natural antimicrobial properties. It also has a mild demulcent (softening) quality and a natural sweetness.
- Prickly Ash bark (Zanthoxylum americanum): Used in Native American medicine, the bark of this tree has been called "toothache bark" and possesses astringent qualities.
- Coptis root (Coptis chinensis): High in berberine, Coptis has similar properties to Goldenseal. It has particular application with ulceration of mucous membranes.
- Myrrh gum (Commiphora mol-mol): One of the most well-known herbal antiseptics, Myrrh has antimicrobial and astringent qualities that make it ideal for oral health.
... 183 mg per ml
Coenzyme Q10: 30 mg
Ascorbyl palmitate (Vitamin C): 10 mg
Zinc oxide: 0.75 mg
Inactive Ingredients: Medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil.